From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any bought a laptop that "Just Works"?
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 19:17:33
1 On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 19:31:09 +0100, Robin Atwood wrote:
2
3 > I am in the market for a new laptop and would be interested if anyone
4 > else on the list had recently bought a laptop in which all the hardware
5 > worked out of the box with Linux. I am most concerned about
6 > WiFi/audio/webcam, the finer points of hibernation are of lesser
7 > concern. Currently I have a "Linux Certified" machine but I want to
8 > avoid shipping costs to the UK.
9
10 If you want a UK supplier of laptops guaranteed to work with Linux, try
11 http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 "A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no
18 mercy." \xA0-- Joseph Campbell