From: Tony Miller <mcfiredrill@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] /etc/init.d/net.ra0 is not bringing up the interface?
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 06:14:06
1 I have added /etc/init.d/net.ra0 (my wireless interface is called ra0
2 instead of wlan0) to the default runlevel. It starts the script at boot, but
3 it acts like the device has not been brought up(i.e. with ifconfig ra0 up).
4 For instance the boot log will say:
5
6 * Starting ra0
7 * Configuring wireless network for ra0
8 Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
9 SET failed on device ra0; Network is down
10 Error for wireless request "Set encode" (8B2A) :
11 SET failed on device ra0; Network is down
12 Error for wireless request "Set essid" (8B1A) :
13 SET failed on device ra0; Network is down
14
15 And so on and so on for all the different settings, until it finally gives
16 up.
17
18 I can do ifconfig ra0 up, iwconfig ra0 essid any, dhcpcd ra0 and connect to
19 the network just fine! Of course I would like it to start at boot however.
20
21 Any ideas? The init script is broken? The actual init script is very
22 complicated, and even if it were easy to just add "ifconfig ra0 up"
23 somewhere to it, I'm not sure if that's the "best" solution.
24
25 Thanks,
26 -Tony