From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Motherboard support?
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 16:28:32
1 Am Mittwoch 28 September 2011, 23:24:41 schrieb Nilesh Govindarajan:
2 > I'll be soon getting a new desktop.
3 > I've fixed the CPU as AMD Phenom II 1075T
4 >
5 > These two motherboards came to my notice which support the above
6 > processor: Gigabyte 880GM - GA 880GM-USB3L & 880GM-USB3
7 >
8 > How good is Linux support with those? If bad, what other mobos support
9 > 1075T and Linux support is awesome?
10
11 most probably they will just work.
12
13 880G works
14 710 works
15 the networking chips are standard stuff and work
16 the audio is standard stuff and works
17 the superio/sensors chip is most probably the same as for the rest of
18 gigabystes 880G offerings - and works.
19
20 have the 880GA-UD3H rev 2.1 and everything just works. Including fanspeed (but
21 I let the mainboard doing it.)
24 #163933