From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: 'emerge --depclean' continuously drops dev-lang/ekopath
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 14:40:12
1 On 27/09/12 10:10, Stefan Hübner wrote:
2 > Everytime 'emerge --depclean' drops dev-lang/ekopath it is reinstalled
3 > on the next world update.
4 >
5 > I guess dev-lang/ekopath is pulled in by dev-lang/R in my case (I do not
6 > USE fortran). ekopath provides virtual/fortran which in turn is required
7 > by R.
8 > [...]
9 > So, my question is: why does 'emerge --depclean' suggest to drop it?
10
11 I don't know, but you should probably enable the "fortran" USE flag of
12 GCC and don't use ekopath. The virtual also picks GCC first and only
13 falls back to ekopath if you don't USE fortran on GCC.
14
15 I think this is a problem with portage, picking ekopath without telling
16 the user anything.