From: "Corentin “Nado” Pazdera" <nado@××××××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cups without X
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 15:47:53
1 August 14, 2018 5:32 PM, "Peter Humphrey" <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On Tuesday, 14 August 2018 15:40:43 BST Corentin “Nado” Pazdera wrote:
4 >
5 >> Did you install `net-print/kyocera-1x2x-mfp-driver` or
6 >> `net-print/kyocera-mita-ppds` ? My guess is that cups misses some ppd
7 >> files.
8 >
9 > I haven't got that far. I want cups to find the printer so that I can define
10 > what it is. I didn't know about those packages; when the printer was
11 > connected to this box cups found it without help from me, and I gave cups
12 > the specific PPD file I have: /usr/local/src/Kyocera_Mita_FS-1020D_en.ppd.
13 >
14 > I'll try your suggestion though - thanks.
15 >
16 > --
17 > Regards,
18 > Peter.
19
20 If you already have a specific ppd file, it should be a matter of putting it in the right directory.
21 I have no idea where, I see I have a /etc/cups/ppd, it might be worth checking for doc about this dir.
24 Corentin “Nado” Pazdera