From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [A bit off-topic] Bash alias and &
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 08:56:24
1 On Sunday 12 Jun 2016 19:07:45 Mick wrote:
2 > On Sunday 12 Jun 2016 18:04:39 Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > Oi! I'm missing e-mails!
4 >
5 > I occasionally miss the odd email here and there too. Sometimes I find
6 > (only some of) them in Gmail's Spam folder. Other messages totally
7 > disappear and I surmise I missed parts of a thread by subsequent messages
8 > in the list, which I receive as expected. Tis a mystery! O_o
9
10 --->8
11
12 > Gmail is more reliable than other mail ISPs I have used over the years and
13 > it is free (at the point of use), so I live with it. I don't know if
14 > missing messages are caused by Gmail, or by gentoo's M/L smtp server.
15
16 Well I don't use GMail, so that rules that out. Oh, and I'm also subscribed
17 to kdepim-users@×××.org, which (also?) uses mailman. I see hardly any traffic
18 there but occasionally a message comes through showing that I've missed lots
19 of others. Even if I post there myself I don't see my message.
22 Rgds
23 Peter