From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ridiculously wide handbook pages
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 20:06:17
1 On 2010-09-30, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >> << SNIP >>
4 >> Whatever's generating the HTML/CSS for the Gentoo manual web pages
5 >> does know the difference, and should be able to do The Right
6 >> Thing(tm). The manual HTML is definitely machine-generated, but I
7 >> can't tell you by what at this point, so I can't offer a specific
8 >> fix...
12 > Maybe what needs to happen is this. Find the person that is "in the
13 > know" on the Gentoo docs, give them a OLD 12" monitor to help do the
14 > pages with.
15
16 and some OLD eyes with which to look at the monitor -- that way they
17 set their browser sup with larger fonts for the low-contrast
18 blue-on-blue blocks. :)
19
20 What really needs to happen is for me to file a bug report against the
21 documentation (assuming this hasn't already been filed as a bug and
22 been resolved as "won't fix"). I'll put that on my list of things to
23 do...
26 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! YOU PICKED KARL
27 at MALDEN'S NOSE!!
28 gmail.com