From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerging squid indefinitely
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 00:28:11
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On 25/11/2015 13:30, lee wrote:
4 >> walt <w41ter@×××××.com> writes:
5 >>
6 >>> On Tue, 24 Nov 2015 23:39:01 +0100
7 >>> lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
8 >>>
9 >>>>
10 >>>> ...
11 >>>
12 >>>
13 >>>> Well, ok, the file is still locked.
14 >>>>
15 >>>> 'group-' looks like a backup, and 'group.lock' contains 10563, which
16 >>>> is the pid of groupadd. I'd think that's ok.
17 >>>>
18 >>>> So what all does it take to create a system group? I suppose I could
19 >>>> kill groupadd and the emerging might go on, though I wonder what the
20 >>>> problem might be and if something else besides making an entry to
21 >>>> /etc/group needs to be done. What might require an indefinite delay
22 >>>> here?
23 >>>
24 > [...]
25 >> I'll probably reboot today or tomorrow because I need to have a
26 >> differently configured kernel running to be able to do some traffic
27 >> shaping. If I do that, I'll probably just kill groupadd and see if the
28 >> merging continues.
29 >
30 > The group is already created so kill groupadd. One of three things will
31 > happen:
32 >
33 > 1. the emerge will continue. Do nothing
34 > 2. The emerge will fail with a groupadd error. Restart the emerge
35 > 3. Nothing will change. Kill the emerge and restart it
36 >
37 > If the lockfile persists after killing groupadd, delete it.
38
39 Well, yes ... I just would like to know what the problem might be.