From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Resurrecting a Gentoo install
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 14:55:22
1 On 01/20/2012 11:48 PM, Grant wrote:
2 >>
3 >> You don't have to do the entire stage3 at once,
4 >>
5 >> http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/
6 >>
7 >> has precompiled packages for the major arches and profiles. You could try to
8 >> replace just pambase, pam, python, etc. -- whatever's giving you trouble.
9 >>
10 >> This was not my first recommendation because I've managed to break e.g.
11 >> `tar` and `cp` before in the attempt at which point you have two rescues to
12 >> attempt.
13 >
14 > The errors I'm getting seem to be complaining about emerging ebuilds
15 > with a higher EAPI number than my portage has. Should I just install
16 > the latest portage binary package? If so, how should I do that?
19 All of those tinderbox tarballs are just archives to be extracted in /.
20 For portage specifically, I'd follow the guide that Dale posted, since
21 it takes care not to clobber your configs.