From: Martin Gysel <m.gysel@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] rescrict command to certain dirs
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 14:02:43
1 Hi
2
3 I have a webserver running for multiple 'endusers'. No I want to give
4 some costumers access to certain files as user WEBSERVER for easy
5 editing configuration file owned by the webserver.
6
7 it should do something like jail the user to
8 /var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN/httpdocs/DIRtoFILES and let him perform some
9 commands (rm, less, nano, etc) there as user WEBSERVER.
10
11 AFAIK this isn't possible with sudo because I think it's not possible to
12 restrict it to certain files or dirs.
13
14 Is there an other utility which can do this? Or do I have to setup a
15 chroot environment?
16
17 thx
18 martin