From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Migrating databases to a new box
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 18:32:26
1 On 4/26/07, Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm currently in the process of migrating databases to a new box. One
3 > of my users has two databases that he needs access to. Is there a way
4 > (through the mysql terminal interface) to find out what passwords he
5 > uses to access these two databases? This will save me the trouble of
6 > finding him. (Most of my users access remotely). I have root
7 > priveleges. Thank you for your help.
8 > -Michael Sullivan-
11 First, there's no way to know the passwords, because MySQL uses
12 one-way encription. Second, if you have SUPER privileges , you can
13 just dumb the whole server and import this into the new server
14 (assuming same version and same .conf file). This method causes less
15 errors (in my tests) but its a lot slower than disk copies...
18 Daniel da Veiga
19 Computer Operator - RS - Brazil
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list