From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] vmware virtual disk expanded but invisible in VM
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 05:25:57
1 On Wednesday 02 April 2008, fei huang wrote:
2 > I think this probably only works in the case that the raw free space
3 > is phyically located beside the specified partition, imagine there
4 > are sda1, sda2 in sequence, when new space available, resize only
5 > possible to sda2, and with a disk with 4 primary partitions, this
6 > won't help either..  am I  right?   ~
7
8 Correct. This is reason 1 of many that LVM should always be used.
11 Alan McKinnon
12 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
15 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list