From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how do you keep up with system administration?
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 07:48:31
1 on Wednesday 05/30/2007 Denis(denis.che@×××××.com) wrote
2 > While we're on the subject of administration, I have a question about
3 > emerge. Sometimes emerge would display important information in green
4 > or yellow stars after it's finished merging a package - such as
5 > warnings or valuable tips. However, if emerge is processing several
6 > packages in a chain, it flashes that information for several seconds
7 > and then moves right along to the next package, and usually I'm not
8 > fast enough to read/remember it. Can this information be retrieved?
9 You can have it saved or mailed to you -- I did not know this for a
10 while, but it comes in handy -- also you can log the whole thing if
11 you set PORTAGE_LOGDIR -- for the full details look at
12 make.conf.example in /etc .
15 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
16 How do
17 you spend it?
18
19 John Covici