From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hardened-sources...what?
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 21:29:42
1 On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'll assume for the moment that the hardened-sources patch set
3 > discussed includes security improvements.
4 >
5 > My question is...what kinds? For what reason is there a set of "makes
6 > it more secure" patches that aren't integrated into the mainline
7 > kernel? Are they just not stable in some fashion? Do they exclude some
8 > kernel functionality? Do they impact performance?
9 >
10 > What exactly is this patch set, and why is it separate?
11
12 I think it's essentially gentoo-sources with the grsecurity patchset
13 on top. Check out the Gentoo Hardened website for better info about
14 the Hardened project:
15
16 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/