From: Xavier Parizet <xav@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unknown filesystem type 'ext2'
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 07:47:39
1 Nick Khamis a écrit :
2 > I have a kernel recompiled here, and I would like to copy over the bz to
3 > boot. I have a /boot that I can access but I do not think this is it
4 > (there is nothing in there). When I 'mount /boot' I get unkown
5 > filesystem type 'ext2'. I have followed Gentoo Handbook direction for
6 > the installation of the environemnt. Please Help.
7
8 Hmmmm... According to what you said, it seems that when you compiled your
9 current running kernel during the Gentoo install, either you forgot to compile
10 ext2 filesystem support in the kernel, either you compile it as module, in this
11 case doing a modprobe ext2 can help, or in the last choice, you didn't compile
12 ext2 support at all.
13
14 Try to see if you are in the first cases. If not, you will have to compile your
15 newly kernel with ext2 support, and use grub command line from the boot menu to
16 tell him to use your new kernel instead of the one located in /boot.
17
18 HTH.
19
20 > Thank In Advanced,