From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: No console when booting with GRUB 2?
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 12:43:45
1 Am 12.05.2014 14:05, schrieb Nikos Chantziaras:
2 > On 12/05/14 15:02, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >>> [...]
4 >>> Could you maybe add how you "use the EFI console framebuffer driver"
5 >>> here, just as a reference for others? You know, we all google around
6 >>> like hell ... especially with this "intuitive" UEFI-stuff ;-)
7 >>
8 >> It's an in-kernel driver, like VESAFB and so on. It's the CONFIG_FB_EFI
9 >> option. [...]
10 >
11 > Forgot to mention that with this driver, you then use following options
12 > in /etc/default/grub:
13 >
14 > GRUB_GFXMODE=1920x1080
15 > GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep
16 >
17 > So GRUB_GFXMODE determines the resolution you want, and the kernel then
18 > keeps that resolution for its consoles.
19
20 Yes, thanks. I also compared with my setup and I enabled CONFIG_FB_EFI
21 as well back then.
22
23 S