From: Steven Lembark <lembark@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: lembark@×××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone have experience, good or bad, with s6?
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2020 16:49:52
1 > You mean [ init system sys-apps/s6 ] ? It is still been marked
2 > test yellow
3 >
4 > flag. I think most of users are using openrc and systemd,
5 > Be carefull
6 >
7 > to use it, seems maybe no enough support to solve problems.
8
9 It's supported pretty well at s6, from what I've seen.
10
11 Basic idea makes sense: Avoids systemd's overboard approach,
12 does solve issues with pidfiles and logic races. I've written
13 similar things for Docker so the basic idea seems workable.
14
15 Not sure if I've missed anything in their description that
16 makes it hell to actually use, however :-)
19 Steven Lembark
20 Workhorse Computing
21 lembark@×××××××.com
22 +1 888 359 3508