From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Freeing up disk space problem!!
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 12:13:27
1 On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:08:49 +0000
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 12:40:33 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 >
6 > > When $LUSER fills up his drive it can be that root is the only user
7 > > that can properly mount and access the filesystem. So whatever the
8 > > $LUSER was doing that filled up the drive needs to be undone by
9 > > root, probably by shuffling stuff around.
10 >
11 > I've never failed to fix that by deleting a file as the user that
12 > created it, usually the partial file that caused the problem, but I
13 > can see why you may want to keep a small amount reserved for that.
14 >
15 > However, I still don't get the "-m 0 increases fragmentation" thing.
19 Yeah, that sounds like an old wives tale urban myth to me too
20
21 I'll be wanting to be seeing the output of real diagnostic programs
25 Alan McKinnnon
26 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com