From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Thunderbird - Unable to save your message as a draft.
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 22:33:52
1 On 1/5/21 1:16 PM, antlists wrote:
2 > On 04/01/2021 20:18, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >> With Thunderbird-78.6.0 I'm getting an error message when composing messages:
4 >>
5 >> Unable to save your message as a draft.
6 >> Sending of the message failed.
7 >>
8 >> What is the solution? I've run onto few of them but they are mostly for Windows users not really applicable to Linux.
9 >>
10 > Is your drafts folder on a network? Is the network available? I've hit that problem a few times.
11 >
12 > Cheers,
13 > Wol
14
15 No, it was on a local computer.
16 I restore emails from old computer (lost one day of emails) and now it is working. But I don't know what had happened.
17 I've tried to restore only specific folders "Drafts" from old computer but it did not help, so it must have had something to do with other configuration. I've notices others had similar issues but solution is not standard across as TB has different menu layout through out platforms and versions. They are making it hard to configure it.
18 As an example is a line wrapping, and old version of TB had this under "Option" menu (I think); now they hide it it some obscure configuration menu under "Edit --> Preferences --> General....)