From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] making bootable USB
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 00:10:02
1 On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 17:51:29 -0600, Joseph wrote:
2
3 > >> > It definitely works here, and fdisk shows it to be a hybrid image.
4 > >> > You are writing it to the USB device itself and not a partition on
5 > >> > it?
6
7 You didn't answer this.
8
9 > >Yes, you MUST run sync after dd. When I tested the minimal install
10 > >image just now, dd returned after less than two seconds. sync took a
11 > >little longer...
12
13 > Yes, I did use "sync" after "dd" makes no difference.
14
15 Have you tried this with more than one drive, to rule out hardware
16 problems?
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Microbiology: staph only.