From: Daniel Iliev <daniel.iliev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] set xdm to start after agetty
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 03:29:18
1 On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 22:41:52 +0300
2 Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > How can we set the xdm/gdm not to start before the agetty processes
5 > (during the boot phase)?
6
7 Just an idea for a possible direction to point your investigation to...
8
9 /etc/config-archive/etc/conf.d/xdm:
10 ===
11 # Tell X to always start on VT7. Otherwise it autodetects the first available
12 # VT, which means it has to wait until all gettys are started so it doesn't suck
13 # up a VT that should have had a login prompt (very slow).
14 # If XSTATICVT is on, the login manager will start as soon as possible during
15 # the boot process. If you want X to dynamically start on the first unoccupied
16 # VT after all gettys have started and you are using xdm, also remove the "vt7"
17 # from /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers.
18 XSTATICVT="yes"
19 ===
20
21 I'm not sure if it is still valid because the new xdm file is different.
22
23 /etc/conf.d/xdm:
24 ===
25 # We always try and start X on a static VT. The various DMs normally default
26 # to using VT7. If you wish to use the xdm init script, then you should ensure
27 # that the VT checked is the same VT your DM wants to use. We do this check to
28 # ensure that you have't accidently configured something to run on the VT
29 # in your /etc/inittab file so that you don't get a dead keyboard.
30 CHECKVT=7
31 ===
32
33 "/etc/conf.d/xdm" is provided by x11-apps/xinit
36 HTH
40 Best regards,
41 Daniel
42 --