From: shawn wilson <ag4ve.us@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel 3.8.0 CONFIG_USER_NS
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 10:53:29
1 I still haven't found a solution
2
3 On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 > On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 17:24:29 -0500, shawn wilson wrote:
7 > The wiki page says to use / to search for each option in make menuconfig.
8 > That shows the option and its dependencies, for example /USER_NS here
9 > gives
10 >
11 > Depends on: NAMESPACES [=y] && EXPERIMENTAL [=y] && UIDGID_CONVERTED [=n]
12 >
13 > So the option won't show up here because I haven't enabled
14 > UIDGID_CONVERTED.
17 I forgot about the internal menuconfig search feature. After googling
18 UIDGID_CONVERTED I found this:
19 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7215718.html
20
21 Apparently, I'm not the only one with this issue.
22
23 So, I searched for UIDGID_CONVERTED in menuconfig and only see it as a
24 bool and no dependency. However, if I:
25 echo "CONFIG_UIDGID_CONVERTED=y" >> .config
26 and then make menuconfig, this goes away as well - so I'm guessing
27 this has dependencies I haven't found. Though, I grep that option in
28 the kernel source tree and I only see two things that are documented
29 as "depends on" it and the listing for the option - I see nothing that
30 uses it.