From: Jan Seeger <jan.seeger@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Encrypted backups under Gentoo
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:18:39
1 At Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:37:52 -0400,
2 Chris Walters wrote:
3 > I also use dar, but I don't bother with gpg. I use the '-K:' option of dar,
4 > which provides passphrase protected blowfish protection. I suppose I could use
5 > gpg, as well, with AES256 or IDEA, but that would be overkill, I think, since I
6 > keep my backups on an external USB port drive.
7
8 This sounds like a feasible solution, I will try it out. Thanks for
9 the idea, Florian and Chris.
10
11 I'm just wondering what the dar64 and dar32 useflags do...
12 --
13 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list