From: Kevin Haddock <kevinhaddock@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] fixing raid1 /boot
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 20:55:52
1 For the life of me I can't figure out the canonical way to rebuild my mirrored /boot. The second disk (/dev/sdb1) got corrupted and it is interfering with my rebuilding the kernel (genkernel can't mount /boot).
2
3 I tried following this page:
6 http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Software-RAID-0.4x-HOWTO-4.html
7
8 But I can't figure out what package ckraid is in. Equery belongs is not help and searching gentoo-portage.com returns nothing.
9
10 Does anyone know of some gentoo specific instructions in this regard?
11
12 Thanks in advance,
13 -Kevin
14
15 -----
16
17 People originally thought the eternal question was:
18
19 "Why am I here?"
20
21 But now we know the question is actually:
22
23 "Why is THAT THERE?"
24
25 -Me