From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tips for fresh install with GRUB2+RAID1+LVM2
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 09:02:50
1 On Sunday 17 May 2015 21:36:57 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > Am 2015-05-17 um 18:05 schrieb Peter Humphrey:
3 > > Maybe I will. I suspect dodgy disks and I have a pair of new SSDs on the
4 > > way. Perhaps it's time for a rethink.
5 >
6 > perhaps one more thought to be thought right now:
7
8 (I overlooked this at the time.)
9
10 > skip mdadm and lvm ... and try btrfs as you have the chance on shiny new
11 > hardware
12
13 I also have a spare external hard disk, which I could experiment with for
14 snapshots etc.
15
16 > less layers, more features ... I definitely recommend giving this a try.
17
18 I do like the idea of having fewer layers and less complication. I'm doing a
19 bit of reading while awaiting the bits - the SSDs are here; all I need now is
20 the mounting brackets.
21
22 > tl;dr ... maybe you listed some reason to stick with mdadm/lvm2/xfs etc
23 > ... sorry in that case
24
25 No, it's just what I have at the moment.
28 Rgds
29 Peter