From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 3d rendering with dri radeon
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 22:30:58
1 Bo Andresen wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 28 February 2006 21:31, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
3 > > Are you certain that the radeon module being used is the one
4 > > from that old kernel and not the one from x11-drm?
5 >
6 > I am very certain... but then again, I've been so before in this
7 > thread and yet been terribly wrong. Do you think there is any way
8 > to check it?
9
10 Yes. Unmerge x11-drm, reboot, and see if it still works. :)
11
12 > Kernel version has not changed - 2.6.15-r1.
13
14 Yeah, then it's the x11-drm radeon module you're using, not the one
15 from the kernel. If it had been a diffent version (2.6.14, say),
16 the module would have been in a different subdir in /lib/modules and
17 wouldn't get used.
18
19 Benno
20 --