From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any big gotcha's when update from several (5) mnths
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 07:06:19
1 On Sep 15, 2011 1:53 PM, "Neil Bothwick" <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 17:07:45 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
4 >
5 > > Anyway, it works well for this old dog, and in my mind there is a good
6 > > reason to fetch before building but I can see how others might not
7 > > want to do that.
8 >
9 > I use it too, but for a different reason. I run emerge --sync from a cron
10 > script, followed by emerge -f world, so all the tarballs are downloaded
11 > before I even start.
14 Indeed, great minds think alike, for that's my setup.
15
16 Daily eix-sync + emerge -f. When I feel like it, I'll just do emerge -avuD
17 -j4 --load-average=8.0 @world
18
19 No pipeline stall due to needing to download a largish tarball.
20
21 Rgds,