From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo LVM Newbie Question
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 12:25:57
1 Holly Bostick wrote:
2 > Alexander Skwar schreef:
3 >>
4 >> Okay, so the following fs are online resizable, according to you:
5 >>
6 >> - reiser3 - xfs - jfs - ext2, ext3
7 >>
8 >> That's pretty much "every FS", isn't it?
9 >
10 > Yes, but as far as I know from the docs, jfs and xfs can only be *grown*
11 > online, not shrunk, which could be a problem depending on your needs.
12
13 That's right. I originally wrote "Every FS can be extended online",
14 though. I didn't pay so much attention and thus did not notice
15 that change.
16
17 BTW: reiser3 can also not be shrinked online. But at least
18 it can be made smaller when it's offline.
19
20 Alexander Skwar
21 --
22 Obviously I was either onto something, or on something.
23 -- Larry Wall on the creation of Perl
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list