From: Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Another Emerge question
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 01:29:05
1 Jayson Smith wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > Thanks to all for their help with my GCC issue. I've got Emerge -eav system
4 > happily going, then plan to do an emerge -eav world. Question is, I have a
5 > Cron script that does an 'emerge sync' every night. From the quantity of
6 > packages being merged, this operation could well extend to the time when
7 > that cron script runs. Is Emerge smart enough to not disturb another copy
8 > of itself if it sees that it's running, or will the 'emerge sync' happily
9 > run and if so, will that mess stuff up for the currently active emerge run?
10 > Thanks.
13 1. No, it will sync while it's running anyway.
14 2. Hard to be sure; I would disable the cron job temporarily just to be
15 on the safe side.
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list