From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nvidia-settings over ssh sees my local GPU?
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 16:24:19
1 On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 08:54:01 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > My question is about running nvidia-settings. I'm finding that if I
4 > shell into his machine using
5 >
6 > ssh -X -Y -C IP-address
7 >
8 > and run nvidia-settings I get it displayed here, as it should be. The
9 > problem is it is seeing my GTX 465 and not his 8400GS.
10
11 Looking at the man page, it appears you need to use the -ctrl-display
12 parameter or the $DISPLAY env var. The man page mentions that
13 nvidia-settings queries the X server, which is running locally. It looks
14 like this setting may force it to use another.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Of all the people I've met you're certainly one of them