From: "Iván Pérez Domínguez" <ivanperezdominguez@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Telling emerge to continue when something goes wrong
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 19:22:48
1 Hi,
2
3 After installing Gentoo in different machines several times, I wonder if
4 is there any way to tell emerge to keep installing as much as possible
5 even when something goes wrong.
6
7 Here's an example:
8
9 emerge stuff1 stuff2 stuff3
12 emerge says "the following packages will be emerged" and so on.
13
14 Alright. Then stuff1 fails to compile. I'd like emerge to continue
15 trying to install stuff2 and stuff3 when possible.
16
17 I know I could write several emerges in different lines (something like
18 emerge stuff1; emerge stuff2; emerge stuff3), I just feel like this
19 feature should have an option of its own in emerge (i.e.
20 --keep-going-as-far-as-possible).
21
22 This could be very handy when updating world or, in general, when the
23 emerge is going to take a lot of time and you decide to leave, expecting
24 everything to be merged when you come back.
25
26 I'm posting this here before going to gentoo-portage-dev or other list
27 to know what you think and to try to write a better suggestion.
28
29 Cheers,
30
31 Ivan.