From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 回复: [gentoo-user] Why iwconfig wlan0 enc can't work?
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 10:18:18
1 On Saturday 22 Oct 2011 10:30:34 Lavender wrote:
2 > >Who told you that?
3 > >I searched information though internal search engine,
4 >
5 > all I got was that wpa_supplicant don't support AES and
6 > once I had tried it just like the configuration you gave ,
7 > it failed ,so I thought wpa_supplicant still don't support AES .
8 > Sorry, I made a mistake :-( , but finally I make it ,I can connect
9 > the Internet .
10
11 I'm glad you can now connect! :-)
12
13 CCMP which stands for "Counter Mode with Cipher Block Chaining Message
14 Authentication Code Protocol" uses the Counter Mode with CBC-MAC, which from
15 what I understand uses 128bit AES ciphers. So, as long as you set up
16 wpa_supplicant to use proto=RSN with pairwise=CCMP and group=CCMP you will
17 always connect with the AES encryption standard.
18
19 NOTE: It is not necessary to specify CCMP because it is used by default as
20 the first option, but if you don't specify it and the AP uses WPA/TKIP only,
21 then instead of the connection failing wpa_supplicant will switch from CCMP to
22 TKIP. I'm stating the obvious here, but if having a wireless connection is
23 more important than *always* using AES, then of course you do not need to
24 specify CCMP.
25 --
26 Regards,
27 Mick