From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] boot from iscsi anyone ?
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 22:36:40
1 Greets, gentoo-users,
2
3 I am currently researching the pros and cons of booting machines from
4 iscsi-targets (provided by a central storage).
5
6 I found examples using Debian etc., but none using Gentoo.
7
8 Maybe I used the wrong search terms, maybe there is no good info yet.
9
10 Does anyone of you successfully (and reliable in daily use) use
11 (open-)iscsi for booting diskless servers?
12
13 Is there any howto available (I will try to transplant my current
14 test-setup, which boots a Debian-VM from a Gentoo-based iscsi-target, to
15 boot a Gentoo-VM ..), are there any pros/cons you could share with me?
16
17 I would really appreciate any help on this.
18
19 Best regards,
20
21 Stefan G. Weichinger