From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Router/Firewall strangeness
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 16:32:33
1 > > > $ ssh root@192.168.0.1
2 > > > Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer
3 > >
4 > > what is 0.1 ? is that your router? as in a gentoo system acting as a
5 > > router?
6 >
7 > Have you tried temporarily disabling the firewall on 192.168.0.1 and checking
8 > the tcpwrappers for any deny all directives which knock your client out when
9 > it tries to connect?
10
11 I don't see how that could be because I was able to log in when the
12 system was freshly booted yesterday. I'll grab a monitor and keyboard
13 from the garage, have a look, and report back here.
14
15 - Grant
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list