From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc upgrade, should it upgrade?
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 05:20:11
1 Ryan Tandy wrote:
2
3 > Teresa and Dale wrote:
4 >
5 >> Neil Bothwick wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> gcc is part of system.
8 >>>
9 >>>
10 >>>
11 >>>
12 >>>
13 >>
14 >> LOL That would be a good reason huh? Where is that file? I'm not real
15 >> sure about upgrading this thing right now. Oh, what the heck. I'll
16 >> upgrade it anyway.
17 >>
18 >> Thanks
19 >>
20 >> Dale
21 >> :-)
24 > Assuming it's the gcc-3.4.5-r1 update you're considering postponing,
25 > you could just:
26 >
27 > # echo '>sys-devel/gcc-3.4.5' >> /etc/portage/package.mask
28 >
29 > and just remove that line when you're ready to upgrade. It's a *far*
30 > better idea than trying to modify your profile.
31
32 I was just going to mask it or upgrade by hand till I had time to mess
33 with it. I got me a new girlfriend and she has two kids. I go from
34 nobody to worry about but me to me and three other people to worry
35 about. Just don't have as much time as I used to have. One boy plays
36 baseball and the other does cub scouts. :/
37
38 I'll get around to it eventually.
39
40 Dale