From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Frame-buffer modes on an eee-pc
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 13:47:28
1 On Thursday 24 September 2009 16:19:15 I wrote:
2
3 > Two problems remain (until I solve those and expose the next layer!):
4 >
5 > 1. On starting X I find that the keyboard and mouse are not connected. I
6 > can ssh in and reboot the machine, so it's still alive - just not
7 > responsive to me at the keyboard. I've tried an xorg.conf from X
8 > -configure, and I've tried without. More investigation to do here.
9
10 This one was easy, though I didn't find the answer straight away - it seems
11 I'd omitted to add hald and dbus to the default run-level.
12
13 > 2. The wireless network. This uses an Atheros chip, device 168c:002b, not
14 > quite the same as the chips described on gentoo-wiki. Has anyone here got
15 > this system working? Do I need madwifi, for instance? The old laptop this
16 > netbook will replace has a madwifi installation that I could plagiarise.
17
18 No problem here either.
19
20 If anyone wants to know what I did to get the wlan working they've only to
21 ask.
24 Rgds
25 Peter