From: George <geonik250@×××××.gr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel config hell
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 15:08:31
1 Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > A full on genkernel build seems to be the quickest way to get a working
3 > kernel. That done, I'm now plodding along with build after build
4 > trying to discover what it is the genkernel has that my pared down
5 > versions do not.
6 >
7 Another good starting point for a working kernel configuration would be
8 the currently running kernel.
9 zcat /proc/config.gz >/usr/src/linux/.config
10 The catch is that the currently running kernel has to have been compiled
11 with the option to show its configuration.