From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Finalizing my backup system
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 20:08:26
1 On 09/26/2010 12:13 PM, Grant wrote:
4 > 2. backupninja can email reports. This works on my remote server
5 > which runs postfix, but my laptop and desktop don't run an MTA. Is
6 > there a simple one that would be well-suited to a purpose like this,
7 > or do I need full-blown postfix on my laptop and desktop? Whatever I
8 > choose, I'd also like to use it to send PORTAGE_ELOG messages from
9 > those systems.
10
11 I use ssmtp for that purpose and there are at least two more similar
12 packages in the mail-mta category, but I haven't tried them.