From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How the HAL are you supposed to use these files?
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 14:24:08
1 On 2/9/2010 3:16 AM, Dale wrote:
2 > On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 21:17:08 -0500, Walter Dnes wrote:
3 >> My solution to simplify Gentoo...
4 >>
5 >> waltdnes@d531 ~ $ cat /etc/portage/package.mask
6 >> sys-libs/pam
7 >> sys-apps/dbus
8 >> sys-apps/hal
9 >>
10 >> You'll have to do a manual depclean (very carefully) and
11 >> revdep-rebuild, but it's worth the effort to purify your Gentoo system.
14 > Simpler than that, just add -hal to xorg stuff in package.use and then
15 > run emerge -uvDNa world.
16
17 > I'm not saying your way won't work but I think mine is easier.
18
19 His way is also *way* more Luddite than yours. Note the
20 'pam' and 'dbus', two things basically standard (and very
21 stable) on modern Linux desktop systems.
22
23 --K