From: "Frédéric Grosshans" <frederic.grosshans.1995@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No /dev/sda1 with Klingston usb disk.[SOLVED (sort of ...)]
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:19:10
1 Le lundi 17 avril 2006 à 22:24 +0800, Frédéric Grosshans a écrit :
2 > I've a problem with a recently bought usb disk:there is a /dev/sda node
3 > but no /dev/sda1 . (snip)
4
5 I finally managed to plug this disk onto a windows machine. Windows sees
6 the disk, but can neither read it nor format it (as far as my Chinese
7 guests could tell me from the error messages)
8 So the disk doesn't work on two different OS, so it is likely out of
9 order (after loading its 5th file !). I hope I can convince my resseller
10 to replace it.
11
12 By the way, it's a Kingston DataTraveler Elite 1GB.
15 Thanks a lot to all the people who helped, especially Petr, who lost a
16 lot of time. And sorry to have wased your time,
17
18 Fred
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list