From: "Mariusz Pękala" <skoot@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo and Flash Cards
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 14:24:56
1 On 2006-02-19 08:50:02 -0500 (Sun, Feb), Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
2 > Good morning everyone:
3
4 Good afternoon :-)
5
6 > Put flash card in reader
7 > Plug reader into usb port
8 > Wait for reader to settle
9 > Open root terminal
10 > Check dmesg for dev node for reader
11 > Mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/flash
12 > Do the transfer with digikam
13 > Back to root term
14 > Umount /mnt/flash
15 > Unplug reader
16 > Remove card
17 > Repeat
18 >
19 > What I would like is for either the card to be automatically recognized
20 > and mounted, or at least to not have to do it via the root terminal
21
22 This looks like a prefect task for udev.
23
24 Have you read http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/udev-guide.xml
25 and http://www.reactivated.net/udevrules.php ?
26
27 > Also, I do not have write access to the flash cards or to thumb drives
28 > that I may mount - even as root
29
30 Why? What error messages you receive? What did you try?
33 No virus found in this outgoing message.
34 Checked by "grep -i virus $MESSAGE"
35 Trust me.