From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Multi-DVD backup
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 22:45:15
1 On Mar 17, 2006, at 4:29 PM, JimD wrote:
2
3 > John Jolet wrote:
4 >> look at freshmeat.net for scdbackup. it can be called with
5 >> sdvdbackup and will span dvds. I back up my mail server totally
6 >> to 4 dvds. you can tell it what filesystems to backup, or
7 >> directories. it figures it all out for you. be warned that
8 >> growisofs is a prereq for it.
9 >
10 > Do you do the ISO or afio backup? If you do the ISO backup, do
11 > your file permissions get hosed? I see that the utility puts a
12 > script to restore directory permissions on the last CD/DVD in the
13 > set, however it didn't mention anything about file permissions.
14 I can't remember which I do. I'm not terribly concerned about
15 permissions, as for the most part, i'm concerned with being able to
16 restore mostly /home and /var/spool/mail. the rest is just in case,
17 as it were.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list