From: Alecks Gates <alecks.g@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: About to embark on x32
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 04:45:34
1 On Apr 9, 2013 9:16 PM, "Michael Mol" <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 04/09/2013 09:46 PM, Michael Mol wrote:
4 > > So I'm about to try setting up the x32 arch in a VM. I notice there's no
5 > > handbook for it, though there is for amd64 and x86. I'm considering x32
6 > > for its lighter memory footprint...
7 > >
8 > > Does anyone know of any notable differences between the setup process
9 > > for amd64 and x32, or should I expect things to be relatively smooth?
12 > Well, scratch that. Segfault on the chroot step.
13 >
14 Yeah, the differences are not very huge setup-wise from, what i could tell,
15 but the compiler definitely isn't all there. The time i did try it i found
16 a few compiler issues and life caught up with me very quickly.