From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] First time Nvidia user - help required
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 20:21:39
1 On 8/20/05, Roman v. Gemmeren <Strowi@×××××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > hi,
4 >
5 > looks almost fine to me. I would guess the error is in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
6 >
7 > Could you post your /etc/X11/xorg.conf ?
8 >
9 > --
10 > Ciao,
11 >
12 > Roman v. Gemmeren
13
14 Hi Roman,
15 No immediate need. I seem to have solved the problem, at least as a
16 starting point.
17
18 My bad for not trying the ~x86 version of the nvidia driver. Once
19 installed I now get into Gnome, get Direct Rendering and get about
20 1600 FPS out of glxgears so I think things look at least OK.
21
22 What is a reasonable glxgears FPS for an AGP 4X GeForce4 card
23 running on an Athlon XP 1600+?
24
25 Anyway, I seem to be in good shape now. Thanks for writing back.
26
27 Cheers,
28 Mark
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list