From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kdm wierdness
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 00:26:12
1 On 8/25/06, John Blinka <jblinka@××××××.com> wrote:
2 > But I was unaware of ~/.xsession-errors. After the first, failed login
3 > it looks like this:
4 >
5 > /usr/bin/startxfce4: X server already running on display :0
6 > xrdb: Connection refused
7 > xrdb: Can't open display ':0'
8
9 Hrm, normally it is the DM's job to setup the access control (with
10 xauth) appropriately to allow cllients to connect to the server, but
11 I'm no expert on this...it usually "just works".
12
13 So maybe we can just double check a couple of basics:
14
15 Do you have x11-apps/xauth merged?
16 What are the permissions on ~user/.Xauthority
17
18 Other than that, I know exactly nothing about xfce4, but maybe this
19 problem is coming from the startxfce4 script...
20
21 -Richard
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list