From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Video plays past end of time it shows
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 18:14:55
1 On 26/8/21 1:45 am, Dale wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have a video that does something weird.  The video plays about 6
5 > minutes or so past the length it should.  During that extended time, you
6 > can't fast forward, pause or anything either.  I've ran into this a
7 > couple times with my deer camera and thought it odd but didn't worry
8 > about it.  My question is, can this be fixed somehow?  Can I get mplayer
9 > or something to process the file and adjust the time it thinks the video
10 > is to what it actually is?
11 >
12 > Bonus, how in the world did it get that way?
13 >
14 > Thanks.
15 >
16 > Dale
17 >
19 >
20 Seen the same sort of behaviour in vid's "liberated" from youtube using
21 youtube-dl. I can't remember if I found the problem. What format are you
22 using? For example mkv has mkvalidator which will check the integrity
23 and I thing mkvclean to fix errors etc.
24
25 Andrew