From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] problem with open-rc - daemon is running but rc-service says stopped
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 18:02:31
1 "rc-service elogind status" says it is stopped, but "ps auxf | grep
2 elogind" shows elogind-daemon is running. /run/elogind.pid has the
3 correct pid for the daemon. Based on we searches for similar issues, I
4 discovered that that /run/openrc/started/elogind did not exist. "ln -s
5 /etc/init.d/elogind /run/openrc/started/" made rc-service recognize
6 that the process was actually started.
7
8 I can't find anything in /var/log or dmesg about elogind starting. It
9 is not specified in any runlevel, so I assume it is being started
10 automatically as needed by something else, although the only other file
11 in /etc/init.d that needs it is fwupd, which is not currently running
12 (and not automatically started).
13
14 I suppose if I put elogind in the default runlevel, then open-rc will
15 hopefully start it before it would otherwise get launched, but I'm
16 curious how I could track down what is currently causing it to be
17 started.
18
19 Jack