From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenOffice
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:34:03
1 JC Denton wrote:
2
3 > I started an emerge openoffice last night. This
4 > morning I found that the emerge failed and that the
5 > installation has eaten all my space on the hard drive.
6 > I had 1.7GB free and this morning it was 0 GB.
7 >
8 > How can I find out how much space I need?
9
10 You can't. You'll have to rely on experience.
11
12 For OOo, you should have as much as about 6 GB available.
13
14 > And do I get this space back after the compiling
15 > process is finished?
16
17 Yes, you do - if the process is *successfully* finished.
18
19 Alexander Skwar
20 --
21 Air is water with holes in it.