From: Hinnerk van Bruinehsen <h.v.bruinehsen@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Clashing dependencies in KDE
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 11:19:38
1 On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 10:58:12AM +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > Today when I ran my usual upgrade I ran into a problem. Portage told me it
5 > had skipped net-libs/libkgapi:4 because of unsatisfied dependencies. All it
6 > could tell me was that >=kde-base/kdepimlibs-4.14:4 required it.
7 >
8 > So I embarked on one of those fruitless cycles of adding packages to
9 > package.keywords, one at a time as they caused portage to stop, until after
10 > about 8 additions I hit the inevitable show-stopper. The mixing of versions
11 > of parts of KDE resulted in both 4.14.3 and 4.12.5 of kdelibs being required
12 > at the same time.
13 >
14 > It looks as though someone has allowed something from ~amd64 out of the wild
15 > and into the peace of amd64. Does anyone have a clue to what it is? I
16 > thought it might be chromium, since libkgapi is for handling Google
17 > calendars and contacts, but eix tells me I already have the latest stable
18 > version.
21 Hello Peter,
22
23 if I'd be in your place I'd try to run emerge @world -uvDNta (the most
24 important one here is the -t for showing the dependency tree, you could also
25 play with --backtrack=30 to resolve possible issues with the dependency
26 calculation), after you removed the keyword stuff you just added.
27 From your fist statement (required by >=kde-base/kdepimlibs-4.14:4) I guess
28 that you keyworded something that depends on kdepimlibs or kdepimlibs itself in
29 the past.
30 Another option would be to try equery d kdepimlibs : it should show everything
31 that depends on it (and you can crosscheck that with your keywords).
32 As a final straw (or first option - depending on you preferences) you could
33 resync the tree: maybe you've gotten an incomplete version/revbump that already
34 is resolved in later versions of the tree.
37 WKR
38 Hinnerk