From: Simon Thelen <gentoo-user@××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] foo uses runscript, please convert to openrc-run
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2016 19:30:01
1 On 16-09-07 at 11:58, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > I'm getting this message from some initscripts. Nothing to be worried
3 > about, I thought, surely gentoo will take care of it by itself. But
4 > today I booted up my laptop, which is supposed to be in perfect sync
5 > with my desktop - I always update them both on the same day. And on the
6 > laptop I get many _more_ of these messages.
7 >
8 > For example, /etc/init.d/sysklogd emits this message on one host but not
9 > the other. equery says this file is owned by the sysklogd package, as
10 > expected. Both hosts run the same version of sysklogd, namely
11 > app-admin/sysklogd-1.5.1.
12 >
13 > What is going on?
14 I'm attaching the v3 of the news item about this change that went around
15 on the dev ml a while back.
18 Simon Thelen

2016-08-25-openrc-runscript-transition.en.txt text/plain